As pointed out in all of the procedure details, your consultation is the most important step needed in insure that you have a successful result.
Dr. Ramirez takes time to listen to your wants and needs and will work with you to achieve your desired look. He will be frank and honest with you, as both of you discuss your goals. Feel free to bring a friend or family member to the consultation.
- Have pictures of your face taken by a professional or by somebody who has good photographic skills. A good camera and good lighting are critical. Do not use cellular phone cameras. Use a blue or black non-shining fabric backdrop. Have your pictures taken to reveal a full view of your forehead, ears and neck. Fix your hair and clothes accordingly. Use hair bands, clips, ponytail elastic bands etc. (Note: if you have short hair that is difficult to control, then you may use water or foam to place your hair away from your entire face and ears.)
- Set your camera for portrait pictures (vertical). For close-ups pictures set it up for “landscape” pictures (horizontal). To avoid shadows stay as close as possible to the backdrop or use a light directed to the backdrop.
- Have your pictures taken in neutral positions in the front left and right three-quarters and left and right lateral views. Do not tilt your head or chin up or down. Additional sky views (looking at the ceiling) and expression pictures smiling, frowning etc. should be included. It is best to take pictures from a distance of about six feet or so and use the zoom feature of the camera to frame your face from the top of your head to the area of the collarbone.
- If you have specific areas of concern – like the eyes, nose, mouth, or chin – include close ups of them. You should not take pictures outdoors.
- Send your pictures in a JPEG format at 300 pixels per inch and at the size of 5×6 inches. Compress these pictures (zip) and send them to: Maureen@ramirezmd.com.
- After you have sent your pictures with a brief summary of your personal history and aesthetic goals call our patient coordinator Maureen at (410) 560-7090 or e-mail her at: Maureen@ramirezmd.com, There is a fee for the telephone consultation. This fee includes the face-to-face consultation that will be done prior to your surgery. This fee is fully applied to the cost of your surgery.
- After the telephone consultation our office will send you a quote for the surgery.
- You will then contact Maureen and setup a surgical date.
- We suggest that patients coming from long distances perform their surgeries on a Wednesday. This enables you to have a face-to-face consultation with Dr. Ramirez on Tuesday.